To protect recordings against accidentai erasure, Precautions when using a iwini dv, Cassette – Sharp VIEWCAM VL-NZ50U User Manual
Page 65: Ac adapter, Replacing the fluorescent lamp, Mìni dv cassette
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Mìni DV Cassette
To protect recordings against acciden
Slide the protect tab on the rear ot the Mini DV
cassette to the “SAVE” position.
Precautions when using a IWini DV
• Be sure to use oniy Mini DV cassettes with the
• This camcorder can record and play back
using Mini DV cassettes with cassette
memory, but it cannot record or play back this
• To record in LP mode, use a Mini DV cassette
labeled for use with LP mode,
• Do not insert anything into the holes on the
bottom of the Mini DV cassette or block them
In any way.
• Avoid placing the Mini DV cassette in an area
conducive to dust or mold,
• Do not place the Mini DV cassette near
magnetic sources such as electric clocks or
magnetic devices as this may adversely
affect recorded material.
• When a previously recorded Mini DV cassette
is used again for recording, the previously
recorded material will be automatically
• The Mini DV cassette will not operate if
inserted in the wrong direction,
• Do not repeatedly insert and eject the Mini DV
cassette without running the tape as this may
cause uneven tape winding and damage the
• Do not place the Mini DV cassette in direct
sunlight, near strong heat sources, or in areas
with excessive steam,
• Store the Mini DV cassette in its case and
stand it In an upright position.
• If the tape is not properly wound, rewind the
• Do not drop the Mini DV cassette or subject it
to excessive shocks.
Erasure protect tab
To record over a previously recorded tape,
slide the protect tab to the “REG” position.
• The AC adapter may interfere with reception if
used near a radio.
• Prevent flammables, liquids, and metal
objects from entering the adapter.
• The adapter is a sealed unit. Do not attempt
to open or modify it.
• Do not damage, drop, or subject the adapter
• Do not leave the adapter in direct sunlight.
• Avoid using the adapter in humid or ex
tremely hot places.
Replacing the Fluorescent
This camcorder uses a fluorescent lamp to
backlight the LCD monitor, lithe monitor
becomes dark or difficult to view, the fluores
cent lamp may need to be replaced. Contact
the nearest SHARP service center or your
dealer for further advice.