How to do rolled hemming – SINGER 14U 34B/234B User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
9. How to do rolled hemming
This machine can do the 2 types of standard and right looper thread wrapped rolled hem stitching with a
seam width of 1.5mm.
Always remove the left needle
1. Fabric, needle, thread and stitch length
Light to medium weight (See page 25)
• Rolled hemming is done by rolling the fabric and overedging (seam width 1.5mm), and is not
suited for heavy or stiff fabrics.
Singer Cat. No. 2054 (#10), #14.
A variety of thread combinations can be used for rolled hemming.
Stitch length adjustment
(See page 12)
For rolled hemming, set the stitch length dial to “2” or “F” and a fine seam
can be obtained.
2. How to exchange throat plate
A throat plate for rolled hem stitching has been furnished in the accessories for
this machine. By exchanging the ordinary overedge throat plate on the machine
with a rolled hemming throat plate by the follovring procedure, the machine can
be used for rolled hem stitching.
1. First of all, always disconnect the power line plug from
2. Turn the hand wheel towards you until the needle is at
its highest point.
3. Lift the presser foot.
4. Remove the cylinder cover. (See page 4).
5. Unscrew the throat plate screw (1) and remove the throat
6. Install the rolled hemming throat plate and replace the
7. Replace the cylinder cover (see page 4).
• When replacing the throat plate, be careful that the thread is not
caught between the throat plate and machine.
• Set seam width to the “M” mark on the rolled hemming throat plate.
• To set seam width, align left edge of stationary knife holder with the
“M” mark on the rolled hemming throat plate.
Be sure the stationary knife is not in contact with the edge of throat