Replacing the drum light, Reversing the dryer door – Maytag SL-3 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Replacing the Drum Light
Instructions for replacing the bulb;
1) Unplug or disconnect the stacked unit from the electrical power supply.
2) Open the door and use a Phillips screwdriver to remove the screw attaching the lens to
the tumbler front.
3) Remove lens cover by pulling cover toward center of tumbler.
4) Rotate bulb counter-clockwise to remove from socket.
5) Replace the bulb with a 120 volt, 10 watt maximum candelabra base light bulb.
6) Turn the light bulb clockwise into socket.
7) Replace lens cover by hooking plastic tabs into tumbler front below the light housing.
8) Reinstall the screw into the lens cover screw hole.
9) Reconnect stacked unit to power supply.
Reversing the Dryer Door
1 )ii ections for reversing the dryer door.
1) Carefully remove the hinge hole covers with a flathead screwdriver. Move the door catch cover to the
2) While supporting the door, remove the 4 counter sunk hinge screws which secure the hinges to the cabi
net. When removing the 4 counter sunk hinge screws, alternate between the top and bottom hinge to pre
vent bending the hinge.
3) Move the following parts to the opposite side of the door; 2 hinges, 4 counter sunk hinge screws and 4
door screws; door strike and screw; inner door cover plate and screw.
4) Attach the door to the opposite side of the cabinet using the 4 counter sunk hinge screws. (See below).
Screw the lower counter sunk hinge screw in first. This will help to align the door and hinges.
5) Replace the hinge hole covers to the opposite side.