Threading the upper thread – SINGER 6510 Scholastic User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
□ Threading the upper thread
This is a simple operation but it is important to carry out
correctly as by not doing so several sewing problems could
- Start by raising the needle to its highest point (1), and also
raise the presser foot to release the tension discs. (2)
Note: For safety, it is strongly suggested you turn off the
power before threading.
- Lift up the spool pin. Place the spool of thread on the
holder with the thread coming off the spool as shown. For
small thread spools, place small side of spool holder next
to spool. (3)
- Draw thread from spool through the upper thread guide. (4)
- Guide thread around thread guide (5) pulling thread
through pre-tension spring as illustrated.
- Thread tension module by leading thread down right
channel and up left channel (6). During this process it is
helpful to hold the thread between the spool and thread
- At the top of this movement pass thread from right to left
through the slotted eye of the take-up lever and then
downwards again. (7)
- Pass thread behind the flat, horizontal thread guide. (8)
- Now take thread behind the thin wire needle clamp guide
and then down to the needle which should be threaded
from front to back. Pull about 6-8 inches of thread to the
rear beyond the needle eye. (9)
If your sewing machine is equipped with the factory
installed optional automatic needle threader, instructions
for use can be found on page 14.