Thread tension, Upper thread tension, Please note – SINGER 6510 Scholastic User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
□ Thread tension
Upper thread tension
Basic thread tension setting: "AUTO"
To increase the tension, turn the dial to the next number up. To
reduce the tension, turn the dial to the next number down.
A. Normal thread tension for straight stitch sewing.
B. Thread tension too loose for straight stitch sewing. Turn dial
to higher number.
C. Thread tension too tight for straight stitch sewing. Turn dial to
D. Normal thread tension for zig zag and decorative sewing.
- Proper setting of tension is important to good sewing.
- There is no single tension setting appropriate for all stitch
functions, thread on fabric.
- A balanced tension (identical stitches both top and bottom) is
usually only desirable for straight stitch construction sewing.
- 90% of all sewing will be between 3 and 5 ("AUTO" is basic
- For zig zag and decorative sewing stitch functions, thread
tension should generally be less than for straight stitch
- For all decorative sewing you will always obtain a nicer stitch
and less fabric puckering when the upper thread appears on
the bottom side of your fabric.