Prepare, Tips, I] ’d, i – SINGER 6510 Scholastic User Manual
Page 33: How to sew buttonholes (4-step buttonholes)
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
□ How to sew buttonholes (4-step buttonholes)
1 Take off the all purpose foot and attach the buttonhole foot.
2. Measure diameter and thickness of button and add 0.3 cm (1/8")
for bar tacks; mark buttonhole size on fabric.
3. Place fabric under the foot, so that marking of the buttonhole
foot always with marking of fabric. Lower the foot, so that the
center line of the fabric buttonhole come to the center of the foot
Adjust the stitch length dial in the "0.5-1" to set stitch density. Note:
density varies according to the fabric. Always test sew a
Follow the 4-step sequence changing from one step to another
with the stitch pattern selector dial. Take care not to sew too many
stitches in stages 2 and 4. Use seam ripper and cut buttonhole
open from both ends towards the middle.
- Slightly reduce upper thread tension produce better results.
- Use a backing for fine or stretchy fabrics.
- It is advisable to use heavy thread or cord for stretch or knit
The zig-zag should sew over the heavy thread or cord.
Stitch width dial Stitch length dial
I] ’D, i;
i ii i