Auxiliary audio input – Teac K1200 User Manual
Auxiliary Audio Input
The ComSystem provides a port to connect auxiliary audio players
(such as MP3 devices) to the audio channel (Level 1).
• Connect the accessory audio device using a connection cable BMW
PN 99 99 0 000 204 (short) or 99 99 0 000 205 (long), which has a
3.5 mm stereo plug at both ends.
• The auxiliary audio input jack ➊ becomes live when fairing speaker /
headset switch ➋ is set to fairing speakers. EXT = button out / HS
= button in.
• Note that a “pop” sound may be heard when the HS/EXT switch is
pressed. The sound is produced by the engagement of a set of
relays, which is a normal sound.
• Adjust the audio volume of the accessory audio device to a comfort-
able level. As the audio is feeding directly into the ComSystem, the
audio will not be adjusted automatically with motorcycle speed as
with the BMW K 1200 LT radio system.
• When the motorcycle ignition is turned “off”, the K1200LT radio
system audio (if turned on) will play through the fairing speakers
regardless of the position of the HS/EXT switch (defaults back to
EXT). The accessory audio device cannot play through the fairing
speakers at any time – only through the ComSystem / headsets.
Do not make adjustments to Accessory Audio Device controls