Intek RheoVac 950A User Manual
D. Probe: CAUTION — Do not cross thread connection. The probe is supplied with a
convenient plug-in connector. The male side of the connector comes installed in the
probe junction box. The female side is usually shipped loose and must be installed onto
the supplied DeviceNet™ type 5711 cable once it is run from the Distribution Box to the
probe. The wiring detail for the female plug-in connector (Turck p/n B4151-0/9) can be
seen in Figure 10. These connectors will use either the “backshell nut” or “conduit
connector” depending on whether the cable is installed in a liquid-tight conduit. When
installing without conduit, use the backshell nut; when using liquid-tight conduit, use the
conduit connector with o-ring.
1. Slide all of the appropriate parts onto the cable as shown.
2. Strip the cable conductors as shown. The connector has 5 retention screws to hold the
wires in place. The use of crimp pins on the wires will greatly increase connection
3. Loosen all 5 retention screws (do not completely remove).
4. Insert the wires, in accordance with color-coding shown (see Figure 10, insert).
5. Tighten the retention screws on each wire.
6. Reassemble the connector parts.
Figure 10 Probe Connector Assembly
- 14 -