3*thread pin tucking, Remforced (tapes) overedge stitching, Reinforced (tapes) overedge stitching – SINGER 14U64A User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
• 3*Thread pin tucking
Pin tucking is a useful decoration when sewing blouses and children’s clothes. Pin tucking is accomplished
before cutting out garment,
• Use ordinary overedge throat plate or rolled hemming throat plate,
• Remove left needle.
• Before sewing on your garment, always make a test stitch on a sample of your fabric so that you can
adjust the thread tensions correctly for standard 1 needle, 3 thread overedge stitching,
• Place movable knife in non-operating position,
• Fold fabric in half with the wrong side facing.
• Place fabric under the foot with the fold resting against the wall of edge guide,
• Adjust edge guide so that the stitches will Just overcast the edge of the fold as shown in the sketch,
• Lower the foot and sew. When stitching is completed, press pin tuck to lay flat on one side.
♦ Remforced (tapes) overedge stitching
Inserting a tape while overedge stitching, will give a much more durable seam.
Remove front cover screw (1) and
install tape guide attachment,
Pass tape as shown in figure through
tape guide 0 , tape guide (|), hole
) in presser foot and draw to rear
from under presser foot.