The bobbin thread, Winding the bobbin, Preparation steps – SINGER 6110 User Manual
Page 12: Winding steps
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
the bobbin thread
Your sowing machine uses two threads to form a stitch. The upper thread comes from the
spool and is threaded through the eye of the needle. The lower thread comes from the bob
bin. Wind the bobbin before threading the machine.
WINDING THE BOBBIN
1. Raise the presser foot and turn hand wheel
toward you until needle is in highest po
2. Loosen hand wheel knob A by turning it to
ward you with the right hand while holding
hand wheel with the left hand.
3. Open slide plate and lift out bobbin.
4. Place spool pin felt on pin.
• Place thread spool on spool pin with thread
retaining slit B on top. (Break paper at the
end of spool if necessary). If you are using
a tube of thread affix spool pin extension
to spool pin to ensure even flow of thread,
• Load thread around bobbin winder tension
disc C and through small hole in bobbin
from inside out.
• Place bobbin on spindle and push bobbin
to right to engage bobbin winder.
• Hold thread end as shown and start the ma
chine. Cut off thread end after a few coils
have been wound.
• When required amount of thread has been
wound (winding will stop when bobbin is
full), stop the machine and cut connecting
• Push bobbin to left and remove bobbin from
• Hold hand wheel and tighten hand wheel