How to operate surface unit, About your cooktop – Maytag 8111P375-60 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
ABOUT YOUR COOKTOP
Before cooking ...
• Always place a pan on the surface unit before you
turn it on. To prevent damage to range, never
operate surface unit without a pan in place.
• NEVER use the cooktop as a storage area for food
During cooking ...
• Be sure you know which knob controls which surface
unit. Make sure you turned on the correct surface
• Begin cooking on a higher heat setting then reduce
to a lower setting to complete the operation. Never
use a high heat setting for extended cooking.
• NEVER allow a pan to boil dry. This could damage
the pan and the appliance.
• NEVER touch cooktop until it has cooled. Expect
some parts of the cooktop, especially around the
surface units, to become warm or hot during
cooking. Use potholders to protect hands.
After cooking ...
• Be sure surface element is off after cooking.
• Clean up greasy spills as soon as possible.
Other tips ...
• To eliminate the hazard of reaching over hot surface
elements do not install cabinet storage directly
above a unit.
• If storage is provided, limit it to items that are
infrequently used and can be safely stored in an
area subjected to heat.
• Temperatures may be unsafe for items such as
volatile liquids, cleaners or aerosol sprays.
• Aerosol-type spray cans are EXPLOSIVE or highly
flammable when exposed to heat. Avoid their use or
storage near an appliance.
• NEVER leave any items, especially plastic items,
unattended on the cooktop. The hot air from the vent
may ignite flammable items, melt or soften plastics,
or increase pressure in closed containers causing
them to burst.
• NEVER allow aluminum foil, meat probes or any
other metal object, other than a utensil on a surface
element, to contact heating elements.
HOW TO OPERATE SURFACE UNIT
1. Place pan on surface unit.
2. Push in and turn knob to desired
• Each knob is identified by
international symbols located
below each knob.
• Knob can be turned in either
• Knob can be set on any number
or between any numbers.
3. After cooking, turn knob to OFF then
O F F
SURFACE INDICATOR LIGHT
A SURFACE indicator light, located on the backguard, will
turn on whenever a surface unit is turned on. Light will
turn off when surface unit is turned off.