NeoDigits.com X3000 HD User Manual
3. If using a the player with a HDMI TV
connection, please ensure “Connected to
DVI TV” option in player setup is cleared
Note: there is no audio output when the player
is in any of the following modes: Pause, Step,
Slow motion, FF or FR
Can not browse network (wired)
1. Poor connection – check all network
2. Switch failure – try connecting to different
3. IP conflict – ensure the player IP address is
set up correctly.
4. No Power – ensure any switch / router has
power and is working correctly.
5. MAC address control has been enabled on
your NeoLink server – check the list of
permitted MAC address with your player’s
Can not browse network (wireless)
1. Poor signal strength. Try relocating your
wireless HUB / router closer to your player.
2. Wireless antenna not securely attached.
3. Wireless access point incorrect. Refer to
Windows documentation about creating
1. Check your internet connection – try
connecting to the internet from a computer
on the network.
2. Network problem – see above
Can not read media (USB)
1. There are multiple partitions on your USB
device – Multi partitions are not supported.
2. Incompatible chipset used by USB device –
You may see a “Device Enumeration error”
Can not open NeoLink Server
1. Network problems – see above.
2. MAC address or Password control has
been enabled on NeoLink – check for
allowed MAC addresses and or users.
3. Ensure NeoLink Server is running on
computer – There should be a HELIOS
icon displayed on the task bar.