SINGER W211 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
MACHINE DOES NOT FEED
BOBBIN THREAD BREAKS
• Is drop feed up?
• Is the bobbin thread jammed in the hook or
• Is needle plate correctly installed?
• Is presser bar pressure too light?
• Is the bobbin tension set too tight?
• Is the hand wheel clutch screw tight?
• Is the thread properly threaded in the
• Is the stitch length control dial set at “0" position?
STITCH SKIPPING OCCURS
• Is needle inserted and tightened correctly; is it
• Is the needle inserted correctly and straight?
• Is the needle of poor quality or of the wrong size?
• Is the cloth being pulled excessively but
• Is the upper thread properly threaded?
• Is the thread used proper for the material
• Are proper needle and thread being used for the
type of fabric being sewn?
• Are the bobbin case and feed dogs free from lint?
UPPER THREAD BREAKS
THREAD LOOPS OCCUR
• Is the machine properly threaded?
• Is the upper tension and bobbin tension properly
• Is the needle good?
• Is the thread too heavy for the needle hole?
• Is the upper tension set too tight?
• Is the tension too tight?
• Is thread jammed somewhere between spool
• Is the needle threaded properly?
• Is bobbin thread wound evenly on the bobbin?
• Is the pressure of the presser bar too weak?