How to sew a rolled hem – SINGER 14SH754/14CG754 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
23. HOW TO SEW A ROLLED HEM
This machine can sew four types of rolled hems.
Rolled hemming is done by rolling and overedging
the fabric edge.
Light weight fabrics such as lawn. voil. organdy,
crepe, etc. perform the best.
Rolled hemming is not suited for heavy or stiff
Machine Set Up
• Remove the left needle.
• Move seam width finger knob to setting R . (See
• Align left face of seam width finger support plate
with R mark on throat plate by turning seam width
finger knob, as required.
• Set stitch length dial to "F ' 2” and a fine seam will
• Needle: Singer Needle #2022 size 80/11 or 90/14
• Thread: A variety of thread combinations can be
used for rolled hemming.