Stitch variations and sewing techniques, 2) flatlockinq a seam, Flatlockinq a seam – SINGER 14SH754/14CG754 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
24. STITCH VARIATIONS AND
How to Sew a Flatlock Decorative Seam
A flatlock stitch is achieved by adjusting the tension
of the 3-thread overlock stitch, sewing the seam and
pulling the fabric apart to flatten the seam.
The flatlock stitch can be used as a construction
and decorative stitch or for ornamentation only.
Mf Machine Set Up_____________________________
• Remove the left or right needle.
• Begin with the machine threaded and tension
balanced for the 3-thread overlock stitch
(page 29 ).
• Loosen the needle thread tension (green or blue)
• Loosen the upper looper thread tension (orange)
• Tighten the lower looper thread tension (yellow)
Flatlockinq a Seam
• Place the fabric wrong sides together to sew a
decorative stitch on the right side of the garment.
• Sew the seam, trimming the excess fabric.
The needle thread (green or blue) will form a V
on the underside of the fabric.
The lower looper thread will pull into a straight
line at the fabric edge.
Upper looper thread
Lower looper thread