Chaining off and test sewing – SINGER 14U454B Ultralock User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
CHAINING OFF AND TEST
* When the machine is completely threaded, bring
all of the threads over the throat plate and slightly
to the left under the presser foot.
* Hold the threads and apply a slight tension.
* Turn the hand wheel toward you 2 or 3 complete
turns to start the thread chain.
* Lower presser foot.
* Continue holding the chain and press on the foot
control until the chain is 5 ~ 7.5 cm (2 ~ 3 inches)
* Place fabric under the front of the presser foot and
sew a test sample.
Do not pull on the fabric while sewing as this
may deflect the needle, causing it to break.
* At the end of the sample, continue to run the
machine with the presser foot down until the
chain reaches 5 ~ 7.5 cm (2 ~ 3 inches) in length.
* Clip the thread chain.
Anytime you have rethreaded the machine
always chain off and sew a test sample to test
tensions and make adjustments as necessary.