How то sew a rolled hem, Machine set up, How to sew a rolled hem – SINGER 14U454B Ultralock User Manual
Page 28: Sew a rolled hem
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
SEW A ROLLED HEM
* Rolled hemming is done by rolling and overedging
the fabric edge.
* Light weight fabrics such as lawn, voil, organdy,
crepe, etc. perform the best.
* Rolled hemming is not suited for heavy or stiff
* MACHINE SET UP
* Be sure the machine is disconnected from the
* Remove the left needle.
* Insert a #2054 size #10 or #14 needle in the right
Turn the hand wheel toward you until the needle
is at its highest position.
* Unscrew the throat plate screw.
* Install the rolled hemming throat plate being
careful not to catch the threads between the plate
and the machine.
* Replace throat plate screw.
* Open looper cover (page 6).
* Disengage upper knife (page 23).
* Remove the cylinder cover (page 9).
Align the left edge of the stationary knife with the
“M” mark on the rolled hemming throat plate.
* See page 25 for adjustment.
Be sure the stationary knife is not in contact
with the edge of the rolled hemming throat
Replace the cylinder cover, engage upper knife and
close the looper cover.