How to adjust the overedge seam width – SINGER 14U454B Ultralock User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
HOW TO ADJUST THE OVEREDGE
* The machine is set to sew the four-thread stitch
and three-thread left needle position stitch at a
width of 5.7mm (7/32 inch).
The machine is set to sew the three-thread right
needle position stitch at a width of 3.5mm (9/64
The 5.7mm (7/32 inch) setting can be increased to
7.2mm (9/32 inch) and the 3.5mm (9/64 inch)
setting can be increased to 5mm (13/64 inch) by
adjusting the stationary knife.
* Be sure the machine is disconnected from the
* Open the looper cover (page 6).
* Disengage the movable upper knife (page 23).
* Remove the cylinder cover (page 9).
* Loosen the 2 stationary knife holder set screws
with the hex-head wrench provided in the accesso
* Move the stationary knife holder to the right to
increase the stitch width, or to the left to decrease
the stitch width.
* Be sure to align the cutting edge of the stationary
knife level with the top surface of the throat plate.
* Tighten set screws. (3)
* Replace the cylinder cover (page 9).
* Return the movable knife to its original position
* Test sew and adjust tensions as necessary to com
pensate for the increase or decrease in stitch
Do not set the overedge seam width below
3.5mm (9/64 inch).