Applying elastic – SINGER 14U454B Ultralock User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
• APPLYING ELASTIC
* Place the movable upper knife in the nonoperat
ing position, (page 23)
* Divide the elastic and the area where the elastic
will be attached into quarters and mark with a
* Lay elastic on the wrong side of the fabric making
sure elastic and fabric edges are even.
* Line up with edge of throat plate.
* Elastic should be sewn using the three-thread
overlock stitch or the four-thread overlock mock
* After securing with 2 ~ 3 stitches, continue
sewing, allowing the fabric to feed through the
machine while gently stretching elastic (a quarter
at a time) with the right hand.,
* Use the left hand to keep the fabric even with the
edge of the throat plate.