3) decorative flatlocking, 4) additional information about flatlocking – SINGER 14U454B Ultralock User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
* Pull on opposite sides of the seam to pull the
(3) Decorative Flatlocking
* Place the movable uper knife in the nonworking
position (page 23). The fabric is not trimmed on
Fold fabric wrong sides together.
Position the fabric so the seam is sewn with part
of the stitch extending off the fabric.
Pull on opposite sides of the stitch to flatten.
(4) Additional Information about Flatlocking
* The tensions must be correctly adjusted for the
fabric to pull flat.
* The upper looper thread is the prominent thread
in the flatlock stitch. Place a decorative thread in
the upper looper and inconspicuous threads in the
lower looper and needle.
* For a ladder stitch, sew seam with right sides
together. The needle thread will be the prominent
thread that creates the ladder (A).
An optional Edge Guide is available (page
44) to aid in sewing a flatlock stitch.