Additional information about rolled hemming, To secure the rolled hem thread chain – SINGER 14U454B Ultralock User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
When the lower looper thread is too loose
— Turn the lower looper thread tension dial
(yellow) toward a higher number.
— Or, turn the upper looper thread tension dial
(orange) to a lower number.
When the needle thread is too loose
- Turn the needle thread tension dial (green) to
a higher number.
• ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ABOUT
* Hold the thread chain when you begin sewing to
keep it from curling into the seam.
* Place a slight tension on the material in the sewing
direction and a finer seam finish can be obtained.
* The minimum overedge stitch width that can be
obtained for rolled hemming is approximately 1.5
mm (1/16 inch) since the cutting width cannot be
set below 3.5mm (9/64 inch).
• TO SECURE THE ROLLED HEM THREAD
* Apply a small drop of liquid seam sealant to the
end of the seam. Allow to dry, then cut the chain
close to the stitches.
Test the liquid seam sealant for color fastness
Upper s c о