Stitch variations and sewing techniques, How to sew a flatlock decorative seam, 1) machine set up – SINGER 14U454B Ultralock User Manual
Page 31: 2) flatlocking a seam
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
STITCH VARIATIONS AND
* HOW TO SEW A FLATLOCK DECORATIVE
* A flatlock stitch is achieved by adjusting the
tension of the three-thread overlock stitch, sewing
the seam and pulling the fabric apart to flatten the
* The flatlock stitch can be used as a construction
and decorative stitch or for ornamentation only.
(1) Machine Set Up
* Remove the left or right needle.
* Begin with the machine threaded and tension
balanced for the three-thread overlock stitch (page
* Loosen the needle thread tension (green or blue)
* Loosen the upper looper thread tension (orange)
* Tighten the lower looper thread tension (yellow)
(2) Flatlocking a Seam
* Place the fabric wrong sides together to sew a
decorative stitch on the right side of the garment.
* Sew the seam, trimming the excess fabric.
* The needle thread (green or blue) will form a V on
the underside of the fabric.
* The lower looper thread will pull into a straight
line at the fabric edge.
Upper looper thread