Three step zigzag stitching – SINGER W511 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
THREE STEP ZIGZAG STITCHING
Pattern Selector and
Zigzag Width Control Dial
• Stitch length should depend on the type of fabric being used.
Short stitch length for flat or woven fabrics and longer for dense
fabrics and knits.
• Mending a tear - guide the tear along the center of the pressure
foot so that stitches catch evenly on both sides. A reinforcing
fabric (interfacing) may be used underneath if desired.
• Use the same technique to make a butted seam for interfacing
such as in the inside of a collar.
• Three step zigzag for overcasting provides a smoother edge than
the regular zigzag. Length-1 Width 1-1/2.
• Understitching facings with the three step zigzag provides less bulk
and facings lie flat on the inside of garments.
• Patches are applied more permenantly with the three step zigzag.
Make patches round where possible or overlap corner stitching to