Cleaning the machine – SINGER W511 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
CLEANING THE MACHINE
Caution: Before cleaning the machine, be sure to disconnect
the power cord from the wall outlet.
CLEANING AND OILING THE HOOK ASSEMBLY
• Raise the needle bar to the highest position.
• Open the hinged shuttle cover and remove the
bobbin case with bobbin.
• Remove lint or dust with a soft cloth or lint brush.
• Use only the oil in the accessory box.
• Replace bobbin case (See page
CLEANING FEED DOGS
• Lint or dust accumulated between the needle
plate and the feed dogs must be removed to
maintain good operation of the machine.
• Raise the needle bar to the highest position and
remove the needle and presser foot.
• Loosen screw on the bed cover plate and remove
• Clean lint and dust from the bottom of the needle
plate and the feed dogs with a lint brush.
• Turn the hand wheel slowly and be sure to clean
• Replace the removed plate.