Buttonhole preparation – SINGER W511 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
puH Buttonhole Foot
Pattern Selector and
Zigzag Width Control Dial
• Attach buttonhole foot to machine with red markings to the left.
• Always make a sample buttonhole on the same fabric us^ to make
your garment. Use a double layer of fabric with interfacing
• Mark the starting and ending position of your buttonholes with
tape and use chalk to mark the cutting line.
• Pull buttonhole box forward until it is fully extended and position
over tape as shown above.
• If buttonhole appears uneven, turn stitch length dial until the left
side looks like the right side. The reverse stitching is pre-set.
• INVISIBLE BUTTON HOLE may be made by using matching
thread so that the button hole blends with the fabric.
• EXAGGERATED BUTTONHOLE may be made by running through
the buttonhole cycle a second time to make a very dense buttonhole.
To add an extra beauty to buttonholes, use a constrasting thread
Example: Red buttonholes on white fabric.
• If buttonholes appear too dense for knit fabrics, release the presaire
cap half way.