Prepare, Sewing 4-step buttonholes prepare – SINGER 1116 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
□ Sewing 4-step buttonholes
1. Take off the all purpose foot and attach the buttonhole foot.
2. Measure diameter and thickness of button and add 0.3 cm
(1/8”) for bartacks; mark buttonhole size on fabric.
3. Place fabric under the foot, so that the marking on the
buttonhole foot aligns with starting marking on fabric.
Lower the foot, so that the buttonhole center line marked
on the fabric aligns with the center of the buttonhole foot.
Adjust the stitch length dial in the ” to set stitch density.
Note: density varies according to the fabric. Always test sew a
Follow the 4-step sequence changing from one step to
another with the stitch pattern selector dial. Take care not to
sew too many stitches in stages 2 and 4 (3 - 4 stitches). Do
not sew to far back in step 3.
Use a seam ripper and carefully cut buttonhole open from both
ends towards the middle.
- Slightly reduce upper thread tension to produce better
- Use a backing for fine or stretchy fabrics.
- It is advisable to use heavy thread or cord for stretch or knit
- The zig zag should sew over the heavy thread or cord.
Stitch length dial