Save these instructions, Important safety instructions, Danger – SINGER 1116 User Manual
Page 3: Warning
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
When using an electrical appliance, basic safety precautions
should always be followed, including the following:
Read all instructions before using this sewing machine.
—To reduce the risk of electric shock:
1. A sewing machine should never be left unattended when
2. Always unplug a sewing machine from the electric outlet
immediately after using and before cleaning.
3. Always unplug before changing the light bulb. Replace bulb
with same type rated 15 watts.
—To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock,
or injury to persons:
1. Do not allow to be used as a toy. Close attention is necessary
when this sewing machine is used by or near children.
2. Use this sewing machine only for its intended use as
described in this manual. Use only attachments
recommended by the manufacturer as contained in this
3. Never operate this sewing machine if it has a damaged cord or
plug, if it is not working properly, if it has been dropped or
damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to the
nearest authorized dealer or service center for examination,
repair, electrical or mechanical adjustment.
4. Never operate the sewing machine with any air openings
blocked. Keep ventilation openings of the sewing machine
and foot controller free from accumulation of lint, dust, and
5. Keep fingers away from all moving parts. Special care is
required around the sewing machine needle.
6. Always use the proper needle plate. The wrong plate can
cause the needle to break.
7. Do not use bent needles.
8. Do not pull or push fabric while stitching, it may deflect the
needle causing it to break.
9. Switch the sewing machine off (“0”) when making any
adjustments in the needle area such as threading the needle,
changing the needle, or changing presser foot, and the like.
10. Always unplug sewing machine from the electrical outlet
when removing covers, lubricating, or when making any other
user servicing adjustments mentioned in the instruction
11. Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
12. Do not use outdoors.
13. Do not operate where aerosol (spray products) are being used
or where oxygen is being administered.
14. To disconnect, turn all controls to the off (“0”) position, then
remove plug from outlet.
15. Do not unplug by pulling on cord. To unplug, grasp the plug,
not the cord.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
This sewing machine is intended for household use only.