The bobbin thread – SINGER 5147 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
the bobbin thread
Your sewing machine uses two threads to form a stitch. The upper thread comes from the spool
and is threaded through the eye of the needle. The lower thread comes from the bobbin. Wind the
bobbin before threading the machine.
WINDING THE BOBBIN
1. Raise the presser foot and turn hand wheel
toward you until needle is in highest position.
2. Loosen hand wheel knob A by turning it
toward you with the right hand while holding
hand wheel with the left hand.
3. Place spool of thread on horizontal spool
pin, as illustrated. If spool being used has a
thread retaining slit B, It should be replaced
against the spool cushion to the right.
For additional Information about spool holders,
refer to page 13.
• Lead thread around bobbin winder tension
disc C, as Illustrated, and through small hole
in bobbin from Inside out.
• Snap bobbin onto spindle and push bobbin to
right to engage bobbin winder.
• Hold thread end as shown, and start the
machine. Cut off thread end after a few coils
have been wound.
• When required amount of thread has been
wound (winding will stop when bobbin is full),
stop the machine and cut connecting thread.
• Push bobbin to left and remove bobbin from
• Hold hand wheel and tighten hand wheel