Changing the needle, Changing presser feet, To remove and replace foot – SINGER 5147 User Manual
Page 6: Chapter 2. getting ready to sew, Choosing and changing accessories
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Chapter 2. Getting Ready to Sew
choosing and changing accessories
CHANGING THE NEEDLE
• Raise needle to its highest point by turning
the hand wheel toward you. Loosen needle
clamp screw A and remove the needle.
• insert new needle up into clamp B as far as it
will go, with the fiat side of the needle to the
• Tighten needle clamp screw.
CHANGING PRESSER FEET
The general purpose foot is on your machine when delivered. To change to another foot, raise
needle to highest position by turning the hand wheel toward you. Raise presser foot.
To Remove and Replace Foot
1. Insert the edge of a coin in the slot of the
presser foot screw A. To loosen, turn screw
away from you.
2. When screw Is fully loosened, foot will drop.
Remove presser foot by sliding It toward you.
3. Centre the new presser foot shank B under
the presser foot screw. Lift shank ail the way
4. Tighten presser foot screw securely with a