Four-step buttonholing, Preparation – SINGER 5147 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
• Pattern Selector: As illustrated
• Stitch Width: Red Area
• Stitch Length: — (Coloured Bar)
• General Purpose Needle Plate
• Buttonhole Foot
• Attach buttonhole foot to the machine. Refer
to page 4 for additional Information on chang
ing Presser Feet.
1. Raise presser foot lifter. Hold upper thread
lightly with left hand and turn hand wheel
slowly toward you until needle enters the
plate. BE CAREFUL THAT YOU DO NOT
RUN THE MACHINE DURING THIS PRO
CEDURE. Continue turning hand wheel and
holding upper thread until needle rises.
Tighten your hold on upper thread and bring
up lower thread in a loop. Release upper
thread. Slide scissors between foot A and
plate B and draw both upper and lower
threads diagonally toward the back of the
foot, leaving approximately 10cm (4 inches)
• Set machine according to above code.
2. Place fabric with buttonhole marking lines
under foot. Align bar tack marking line C
with notches on the solid white section of
3. Then slide metal section of foot E until bar
tack marking line F Is aligned with last red
line on left of foot G.