Threading the machine – SINGER 2543 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Threading the machine
• Place spool of thread on spool pin with thread retaining slit up.
• Raise the presser foot, to release thread tension.
• Raise the take-up lever to highest position by turning hand wheel toward you.
• Holding thread ends in each hand, snap thread into upper thread guide 1.
• With right hand on thread spool, thread the tension discs by leading the thread down and
around the tension (2). Hold the spool lightly and pull the thread up, lifting the spring and
allowing the thread to slip into thread guard.
• Thread take-up lever 3 , as illustrated.
• Draw thread through points 4 and 5, guiding thread from rear of each guide to the right.
• Thread the needle from front to back, drawing 10 cm (4 Inches) of thread through the
needle eye (6).