2 cleaning the side plate – Gaggenau ED221 User Manual
9.2 Cleaning the side plate
– Allow the appliance to cool down completely
before cleaning it.
– Be careful that no small parts fall into the base
– Pull out the left shelf after undoing the knurled nut
on the front side.
– The grease filter can be detached in the upward
– To remove the side plate, undo the 4 nuts with a
socket spanner (8 mm). Be careful not to scratch
the inside of the cooker.
– Do not use any abrasive cleaning agents to clean
the side plate.
– Limescale deposits on the side panel and on the
fan are harmless and do not detrimentally
influence functioning of your appliance.
– The inlet pipe should be cleaned regularly.
See chapter 10.3 entitled Descaling.
– Re-insert the side plate. Re-attach the grease
filter and the shelves.
– Check that all parts are fitted securely before
commencing operation of the appliance.