P. 100) – Sony DCR-IP1 User Manual
– Put the battery pack in a pocket to warm it up,
and insert it in your camcorder right before
you start taking shots.
– Use a large capacity battery pack: NP-FF70/
• A frequent playback, fast forward or rewind
operation wears out the battery pack faster.
We recommend using a large capacity battery
pack: NP-FF70/FF71 (optional).
• Be sure to set the POWER switch to
(CHG)OFF when not recording or playing
back on your camcorder. The battery pack is
also consumed when your camcorder is in
recording standby or playback pause.
• Have spare battery packs ready for two or
three times the expected recording time, and
make trial recordings before making the actual
• Do not expose the battery pack to water. The
battery pack is not water resistant.
About remaining battery time indicator
• When the power goes off even though the
remaining battery time indicator indicates that
the battery pack has enough power to operate,
charge the battery pack fully again. The
indication on the remaining battery time will
be indicated correctly. Note, however, that the
battery indication will not be restored if it is
used in high temperatures for a long time, or if
left in a fully charged state, or when the
battery pack is frequently used.
Use the remaining battery time indication as a
guide to the approximate shooting time.
mark that indicates low battery flashes
even if there are still 5 to 10 minutes of battery
time remaining, depending on the operating
conditions or ambient temperature and
About storage of the battery pack
• If the battery pack is not used for a long time,
fully charge the battery pack and use it on your
camcorder once a year to maintain the proper
To store the battery pack, remove it from your
camcorder and put it in a dry, cool place.
• To completely use up the battery pack on your
camcorder, leave your camcorder in tape
recording standby until the power goes off
without a cassette inserted.
About battery life
• The battery life is limited. Battery capacity
drops little by little as you use it more and
more, and as time passes. When the available
battery time is shortened considerably, a
probable cause is that the battery pack has
reached the end of its life. Please buy a new
• The battery life varies depending on how it is
stored and the operating conditions and
environment for each battery pack.
”InfoLITHIUM” is a trademark of Sony