Ration). (p. 103), P. 103) – Sony DCR-IP1 User Manual
• When you bring your camcorder from an air-
conditioned car or room into a hot place
• When you use your camcorder after a squall or
• When you use your camcorder in a hot and
How to prevent moisture condensation
When you bring your camcorder from a cold
place into a warm place, put your camcorder in
a plastic bag and seal it tightly. Remove the bag
when the air temperature inside the plastic bag
has reached the surrounding temperature (after
about 1 hour).
• When the video head becomes dirty, you
cannot record pictures normally, or distorted
picture or sound is played back.
• If the following problem occurs, clean the
video heads for 10 seconds with the Sony
MGRCLD cleaning cassette (optional).
–Mosaic-pattern noise appears on the
playback picture or the screen is displayed
–Playback pictures do not move.
–Playback pictures do not appear or the sound
Dirty video head. Use a cleaning
cassette.] appear on the screen during
• The video head suffers from wear after long
use. If you cannot obtain a clear image even
after using a cleaning cassette, it might be
because the video head is worn. Please contact
your Sony dealer or local authorized Sony
service facility to have the video head
How to use the cleaning cassette
Slide the POWER switch repeatedly to
select the CAMERA-TAPE or PLAY/
Insert the cleaning cassette into your
Touch [EXEC] on the LCD screen.
[NOW CLEANING] is displayed on the
When cleaning is complete, [
CLEANING END] is displayed.
Eject the cleaning cassette.
To cancel cleaning
• Be sure not to use anything other than the cleaning
cassette to clean the video head.
• You cannot use the cleaning cassette while the
POWER switch is set to the CAMERA-MEM mode.
• When the tape in the cleaning cassette has run out,
CLEANING TAPE END] appears.
• Do not add excessive pressure on the LCD
screen, as it may cause damage.
• If your camcorder is used in a cold place, a
residual image may appear on the LCD screen.
This is not a malfunction.
• While using your camcorder, the back of the
LCD screen may heat up. This is not a
To clean the LCD screen
• If fingerprints or dust make the LCD screen
dirty, it is recommended you using the
cleaning cloth (supplied) to clean it. When you
use the LCD Cleaning Kit (optional), do not
apply the cleaning liquid directly to the LCD
screen. Use cleaning paper moistened with the
On adjustment of the LCD screen
The buttons on the touch panel may not work
correctly. If this happens, follow the procedure
below. It is recommend you connect your