4 system back-up, How the irc back-up system works, System back-up – Sharp UP-600 User Manual
1. How the IRC back-up system works
The IRC system incorporates a back-up system.
One of the satellites can be designated to serve as a back-up master.
When both the master and back-up master are in order, the system works in the following
(1) Each satellite sends updated GLU/PBLU data to the master.
(2) The master receives the data, processes it and sends it back to the satellite.
(3) The satellite sends the updated data to the back-up master.
(4) The back-up master receives the data, processes it and sends it back to the satellite.
(1) Updated data
(3) Updated data
(2) Processed data
(4) Processed data
If the master breaks down, the back-up master serves as the master after a master declaration
procedure is made at the back-up master. If the back-up master breaks down, the updated data
transmission to it can be stopped by a master declaration at the master. When the master or
back-up master recovers from the breakdown, it resumes its function as the master or back-up
master by the recovery declaring operation.