Contents safety instructions – IKA VORTEX 3 User Manual
CE-Declaration of conformity
For your protection
• Read the operating instructions in full before starting up and
follow the safety instructions.
• Keep the operating instructions in a place where they can be
accessed by everyone.
• Ensure that only trained staff work with the appliance.
• Follow the safety instructions, guidelines, occupational health
and safety and accident prevention regulations.
• Socket must be earthed (protective ground contact).
• Wear your personal protective equipment in accordance with the
hazard category of the medium to be processed. Otherwise
there is a risk of:
- splashing liquids
- projectile parts
- body parts, hair, clothing and jewellery getting caught.
• Keep hand/arm vibration to a minimum (Directive 2002/44/EC)
when operated manually:
- Keep the sample container as vertical as possible.
- Only exert the minimum pressure necessary for the mixing
- Use attachments for multiple samples when there is a large
number of samples.
• Set up the appliance in a spacious area on an even, stable, clean,
non-slip, dry and fireproof surface.
• The feet of the appliance must be clean and undamaged.
• Position the knob (B) at the left stop before starting up. Gradually
increase the speed.
• If the shaking movement of the appliance increases (resonance),
reduce the speed or pass through the critical phase as quickly as
• Reduce the speed if
- the medium splashes out of the vessel because the speed is
- the appliance is not running smoothly
- the appliance begins to move around because of dynamic forces.
• Firmly secure the accessories and vessels in place, otherwise
shaking vessels could be damaged or projected out.
• Check the appliance and accessories beforehand for damage
each time you use them. Do not use damaged components.
• Position one single shaking vessel in the centre and several sha-
king vessels so that they are evenly spread out.
• The appliance is not suitable for manual operation.
• Sharp edged vessels cause wear debris on the attachments.
• Beware of the risk of
- flammable materials
- glass breakage as a result of mechanical shaking power
• Only process media that will not react dangerously to the extra
energy produced through processing. This also applies to any
extra energy produced in other ways, e.g. through light irradiation.
• Do not operate the appliance in explosive atmospheres, with
hazardous substances or under water.
• Safe operation is only guaranteed with the accessories described
in the ”Accessories” chapter.
• Always disconnect the plug before fitting accessories.
• The appliance starts up again automatically following a cut in the
• The appliance may heat up when in use.
For protection of the equipment
• The voltage stated on the nameplate must correspond to the