Charging, Note, Storage – Sharp VIEWCAM VL-WD650U User Manual
Page 105: Cautions, Notes
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
This camcorder uses a lithium-ion type
• Charge the battery pack immediately (or a
day) before use. The battery pack gradually
self-discharges even If stored In a fully
• Charge the battery pack bet\«een 50°F and
86°F(10°C and 30°C).
• Fully charge the battery pack. Use of an
Insufficiently charged battery pack \«ill
shorten actual time of use.
• Refresh (discharging before charging) is
• To conserve battery pow/er, be sure to turn off
the camcorder pow/er \«hen not in use.
• Battery consumption may vary depending on
the condition of use. Recording \«ith many
starts and stops, frequent zooming, and
recording in lo\« temperatures \«ill shorten
actual recording times.
• Use of a w/eak battery pack may cause loss
of po\«er \«hlle operating the camcorder. Use
a fully charged battery pack to protect both
the battery pack and the unit.
• It Is recommended that you have enough
battery packs on hand to handle two or three
times your estimated recording time. See
page 20 for the approximate times of actual
recording for the battery packs.
Battery power is consumed even when the
camcorder power is turned off. If you are not
going to use your camcorder immediately,
remove the battery pack (see page 10).
• Use only SHARP BT-L221 or BT-L441 battery
paoks. These are designed speeifieally for use
with this eameorder.
• Store the battery pack in a fully discharged
• Store the battery pack In a dry, cool place.
• When storing a fully charged battery pack,
put the cover on It so that the “CHARGE”
mark printed on the label Is seen through the
window, as shown.
When storing a battery pack that is not fully
charged, put the cover upside down so that
only the battery pack casing can be seen
through the window.
• Improper handling of the battery pack may
present a risk of fire or explosion. Pay close
attention to the following:
— Do not allow metallic objects to come in
contact with the terminals. This can cause a
— Do not disassembie or repair the battery pack
— Do not use any battery charging equipment
other than that designed for use with these
— Do not place the battery pack under direct
suniight or in excessively hot places (over
140°F or 60°C) such as the dashboard of
— Do not expose the battery pack to moisture or
— Do not drop the battery pack or subject it to
— Keep the battery pack out of reach of
— Dispose of used battery packs promptly. Do
not dispose of them in fire.
• To protect the terminals, put the cover on the
battery pack when it is not being used.
• The battery pack will become warm during
charging and use. This is not a malfunction.
• The battery pack has a limited service life. If the
period of use becomes noticeably shorter with a
normal charge, the battery pack is at the end of
its service life. Replace it with a new battery
• If the terminals of the battery pack are dirty, wipe
the terminals with a soft, dry cloth.