Basic stitch types, 4 thread overlook mock safety stitch, Wide 3 thread overlook stitch – SINGER 14U354B User Manual
Page 21: Narrow 3 thread overlook stitch, How to adjust thread tension, Overlock mock safety stitch
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
BASIC STITCH TYPES
• 4 THREAD OVERLOOK MOCK
* This machine is a four-thread overlock that uses
two needles and two loopers to create a 5.7mm
(7/32 inch) wide four-thread mock safety stitch.
• WIDE 3 THREAD OVERLOOK STITCH
* When the right needle is removed a wide 5.7mm
(7/32 inch) three-thread stitch is sewn.
* NARROW 3 THREAD OVERLOOK STITCH
* When the left needle is removed a narrow 3.5mm
(9/64 inch) wide three-thread stitch is sewn.
The stitch width can be increased by adjust
ing the knife (page 25).
- The left needle stitch width can be in
creased from 5.7mm (7/32inch) to 7.2mm
- The right needle stitch width can be in
creased from 3.5mm (9/64inch) to 5.0mm
HOW TO ADJUST THREAD
* The thread tension dials on this machine are a one-
* As the number increases on the dial the thread
tension becomes tighter.
0 = lowest tension
9 = highest tension
* Be sure the machine is correctly threaded other
wise proper thread tension cannot be obtained.
* When making adjustments to balance the tensions,
it is recommended that
1) Adjustments be made in no greater than half
a number at a time.
2) Sew a test sample after each adjustment.
Current Setting is 114.
Adjustment would be to 1 or 2