Differential feed, 1) gathered overedge, To set the differential feed adjusting lever – SINGER 14U354B User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
* DIFFERENTIAL FEED
(with differential feed machine only)
* Differential feed is a system which “stretches” or
“gathers” the fabric, when amount of feed of
front feed dog in relation to the rear feed dog is
* The differential feed ratio ranges from 1:0.77
1:2.0. Adjustment is made by means of the dif
ferential feed adjusting lever as shown.
* Use of differential feed is very effective in over
edging stretch fabrics and fabrics cut on the bias.
(1) Gathered Overedge
(Use regular throat plate)
* Gathered overedge is most suited for shirring
sleeves, yokes, front and back bodices, skirt hems,
etc. in stretch fabrics such as knits and jersey be
fore assembling into garment.
To set the differential feed adjusting lever
* Open looper cover and loosen differential feed
adjusting lever thumb screw.
* Slide adjusting lever downward below the center
mark, as required, to gather, and tighten the
The setting position of the lever will differ de
pending on the material being sewn and the
amount of feed for shirring.
* When differential feed adjusting lever is set to
maximum gathering ratio, the stitch length will
automatically change to 3mm (7/64inch) if
previous setting was higher than setting “3”.
* Be sure to reset the differential feed adjusting lever
to center mark for normal overedge stitching.