How to adjust the stitch length, How to disengage movable upper knife, To place movable knife in nonworking position – SINGER 14U354B User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
* Pull the threads through the machine one at a
* If threads do not pull easily, check for tangles on
thread guides or looping under thread stand.
* When pulling thread through the needle, STOP
when the knot is in front of the needle.
* Cut the thread, and insert it through the needle.
* Return tension dials to previous settings.
HOW TO ADJUST THE STITCH
* The stitch length dial should be set on the 3mm
(7/64 inch) setting for most sewing conditions.
* Adjust the stitch length to 4mm (5/32 inch) when
sewing heavy weight fabrics.
* Adjust the stitch length to 2mm (5/64 inch) when
sewing light weight fabrics to obtain excellent
seams without puckering.
HOW TO DISENGAGE MOVABLE
* TO PLACE MOVABLE KNIFE IN
* Be sure the machine is disconnected from the
* Open looper cover (page 6).
* Push the movable knife holder to the right as far as
it will go.
* Turn the knob away from you until the knife
clicks into a horizontal position.
If the knife stops in the up position
* Turn the hand wheel toward you until the knife
clears the top of the machine.
* Continue to rotate the knife to the horizontal