Video – Sony STR-DG1000 User Manual
There is no sound, or only a very low-
level sound is heard from the center/
surround/surround back speakers.
• Select a CINEMA STUDIO EX mode
• Adjust the speaker level (page 78).
• Make sure the center/surround speaker (s)
is (are) set to either “SMALL” or
“LARGE” (page 67).
• Make sure the surround back speakers are
set to “DUAL” or “SINGLE” (page 67).
There is no sound from the surround
• Some discs have no Dolby Digital
Surround EX flag even though the
packages have Dolby Digital Surround EX
logos. In this case, select “ON” in the “SB
DEC MODE” (page 62).
There is no sound from the sub woofer.
• Check that the sub woofer is connected
correctly and securely.
• Make sure you have turned on your
• When all speakers are set to “LARGE”
and “Neo:6 Cinema,” or “Neo:6 Music” is
selected, there is no sound from the sub
The surround effect cannot be
• Make sure the sound field function is on
(press MOVIE or MUSIC).
• Sound fields do not function for signals
with a sampling frequency of more than 48
Dolby Digital or DTS multi-channel
sound is not reproduced.
• Check that the DVD, etc. you are playing
is recorded in Dolby Digital or DTS
• When connecting the DVD player, etc., to
the digital input jacks of this receiver,
make sure the setting for the digital audio
output of the connected component is
Recording cannot be carried out.
• Check that the components are connected
• Select the source component using INPUT
SELECTOR (page 48).
The MULTI CHANNEL DECODING lamp
does not light up in blue.
• Check that the playback component is
connected on a digital jack and the input is
selected properly on this receiver.
• Check whether the input source of the
software being played back corresponds to
the multi-channel format.
• Check whether the setup on the playback
component is set to multi-channel sound.
• Check whether the digital audio output of
selected input is not assigned to another
component input using DIGITAL
ASSIGN function (page 92).
There is no picture or an unclear
picture appears on the TV screen or
• Select the appropriate input on the receiver
• Set your TV to the appropriate input mode.
• Move your TV away from the audio
• Assign the component video input
• The input signal should be same as input
when you are up-converting an input
signal with this receiver (page 33).