Sony STR-DG1000 User Manual
Notes on HDMI connections
• Use an HDMI cable with the HDMI logo
(made by Sony).
• Check the setup of the connected component
if an image is poor or the sound does not
come out of a component connected via the
• An audio signal input to the HDMI IN jack
is output from the speaker output terminals,
HDMI OUT jack and PRE OUT jacks. It is
not output from any other audio jacks.
• Video signals input to the HDMI IN jack can
only be output from the HDMI OUT jack.
The video input signals cannot be output
from the VIDEO OUT jacks, S VIDEO
OUT jacks, or MONITOR OUT jacks.
• When you want to listen to the sound from
the TV speaker, set “HDMI AUDIO” to
“TV+AMP” in the Video Settings menu
(page 65). If set to “AMP,” the sound is not
output from the TV speaker or you cannot
playback multi-channel software.
• The multi/stereo area audio signals of a
Super Audio CD are not output.
• Be sure to turn on the receiver when video
and audio signals of a playback component
are being output to a TV through this
receiver. Unless the power is on, neither
video nor audio signals will be transmitted.
• Audio signals (sampling frequency, bit
length, etc.) transmitted from an HDMI jack
may be suppressed by the connected
component. Check the setup of the
connected component if an image is poor or
the sound does not come out of a component
connected via the HDMI cable.
• Sound may be interrupted when the
sampling frequency or the number of
channels of audio output signals from the
playback component is switched.
• When the connected component is not
compatible with copyright protection
technology (HDCP), the image and/or the
sound from the HDMI OUT jack may be
distorted or may be not output.
In this case, check the specification of the
• Set the resolution of the image of the
playback component to 720p or 1080i when
you output 96 kHz multi-channel sound over
an HDMI connection.
• Refer to the operating instructions of each
component connected for details.
• We do not recommend using an HDMI-DVI
conversion cable. When you connect an
HDMI-DVI conversion cable to a DVI-D
component, the sound and/or the image may
not be output. Connect other audio cords or
digital connecting cords, then set “HDMI
VIDEO ASSIGN?” in the Video Settings
menu (page 93) when the sound is not output