Calibrating the appropriate settings, Automatically (auto calibration), Calibrating the appropriate settings automatically – Sony STR-DG1000 User Manual
Page 41: Auto calibration), Before you perform the auto calibration
7: Calibrating the
The DCAC (Digital Cinema Auto Calibration)
function allows you to perform automatic
calibration, such as checking the connection
between each speaker and the receiver,
adjusting the speaker level, and measuring the
distance of each speaker from your listening
position automatically. Refer also to the
“Quick Setup Guide” supplied with the
supplied optimizer microphone only. Do not
connect other microphones to this jack.
Doing so may damage the receiver and the
• During the calibration, the sound that comes
out of the speakers is very loud. Pay
attention to the presence of children or to the
effect on your neighborhood.
• Perform the auto calibration in a quiet
environment to avoid the effect of noise and
get a more accurate measurement.
• If there are any obstacles in the path between
the optimizer microphone and the speakers,
the calibration cannot be performed
correctly. Remove any obstacles from the
measurement area to avoid measurement
• When you use a bi-amplifier connection, set
“SUR BAK SP” to “BI-AMP” in the
Speaker Settings menu before you perform
auto calibration (page 67).
• The auto calibration function does not work in the
– MULTI IN is selected.
– The ANALOG DIRECT function is being used.
– Headphones are connected.
• Cancel if MUTING is set to on.
Connect the supplied optimizer
microphone to the AUTO CAL
MIC jack on the front panel.
Set up the optimizer
Place the optimizer microphone at your
listening position. Use a stool or tripod so
that the optimizer microphone remains at
the same height as your ears.
On setting up the active sub
• When a sub woofer is connected, turn on the
sub woofer and turn up the volume
• If you connect a sub woofer with a crossover
frequency function, set the value to the
• If you connect a sub woofer with an auto
standby function, set this function to off
Before you perform the auto