Setting up the usb hdd for recording, To record dtv programmes (one touch recording), Auto recording – Toshiba L6463 User Manual
Page 51: One touch recording)
CONTROLS AND FEATURES
• When the USB HDD is formatted, all the data stored on
the HDD will be erased.
• Locked channel cannot record (One Touch Recording,
TimeShift), even if you watch the programme.
• Do not connect 2 or more USB HDD for recording at the
To connect a USB HDD (not supplied):
When you connect a USB HDD to the USB port on the TV,
a prompt will appear.
Press C / c to select No and press OK.
• Not guaranteed to work with all USB HDD.
• After connecting the USB HDD, select the connected
USB HDD from Select Device in Recording Setup.
To record the programme currently being viewed.
Press the REC button on the remote control.
The currently viewed programme will start to be
To stop recording:
Press the v (stop) button.
A confirmation window “Do you want to stop
Recording?” will appear.
Press C / c to select Yes and press OK.
Recording will stop.
The auto recording function automatically records, based
on TV viewing history and other cloud service information
(function is dependant on country selection).
* Auto Recording provides no guarantee of recording. To
ensure recording of a particular programme, you will
need to set the recording from a listing of TV
Preparations for Auto Recording
To use Auto Recording, the following connections and
settings are required.
• Connections for using the Internet (Page 58)
• Settings for using the Internet (Page 12)
• Set External Record Control to On (Page 49)
• Setting the USB HDD for recording (Page 51)
• Set Auto Recording to On
About Auto Recording
<Auto Recording Settings>
to display the cloud service screen, and make
the settings in the cloud service screen.
A maximum of 64 programmes can be scheduled for auto
- When Auto Recording is set to On, the maximum
number of timer for manual recording changes to 64
- When the number of the timers for manual recording is
set over 64, auto recording cannot be set On.
USB Hard Disk Recording Region
• For auto recording, a USB hard disk with a capacity of at
least 160 GB, and not more than 2 TB can be used.
(For manual recording there is no lower limit on
• Auto recordings is allocated a recording region of 40 %
of the USB hard disk, separate from manual recordings.
- Note that the manual recording region together with
the auto recording region occupies the entire capacity
of the USB hard disk.
• You can record up to 2000 programmes by manual
recording and auto recording combined.
Recording Schedule and Recorded
Programmes with Auto Recording Enabled
When Auto Recording is enabled, the scheduled auto
recording items in My TV Timer List are shown with an
, and “Auto Rec” is added to the My TV Library tab.
Setting up the USB HDD for
To record DTV programmes
(One Touch Recording)
USB1 or USB2
on the TV