Four-step buttonhole, Four step buttonhole, Step 1 – SINGER 6217 User Manual
Page 36: Step 2
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
Your machine makes buttonholes to any
size you choose in only four, easy steps.
• You never need to move the fabric or repo
sition the needle.
• Always make a practice buttonhole on a
sample of your fabric.
• Be sure bobbin contains enough thread.
• When making buttonholes on hard-to-
reach areas convert machine bed to free
• Mark buttonhole position on fabric as indi
cated in pattern.
General Purpose (A)
Raise presser foot.
Place fabric under foot.
Centre 3 red guidelines (1) of foot around
beginning line of buttonhole.
Turn buttonhole dial to the first buttonhole
symbol for the first step.
Position needle in fabric at point (2) by
turning the hand wheel towards you.
Stitch down to point 3.
• Raise needle out of fabric.
• Turn buttonhole dial to the second button
hole symbol for the second step.
• Make at least four stitches, ending at