Getting ready to sew, Important safeguards – SINGER 6217 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
2. GETTING READY TO SEW
1. Unplug the machine at the socket when changing needles, feet, or needle plates, or when
leaving the machine unattended. This eliminates the possibility of starting the machine
by accidentally pressing the speed controller.
2. Before removing the bobbin case, unplug the machine at the socket.
3. Because of the up and down movement of the needle, you must work carefully and watch
the sewing area when operating the machine.
4. Do not pull the fabric while you are stiching as this may deflect the needle, causing It
5. Before cleaning your machine, it must be unplugged at the socket.
6. Do not attempt to adjust the motor belt. Contact your nearest Service Centre or an authorized
SINGER dealer should any adjustment be required.
7. Before changing light bulb, make sure you have removed plug from socket outlet. Be sure
to replace the face plate which covers the light bulb before operating the machine.
8. This machine is designed to use a 15-watt maximum light bulb.
This product is suppressed for radio and television interference with the International Electro
technical Commission requirements of the CISPR.
Machines for Great Britain and some other countries having similar wiring standards are
shipped from the factory without a plug for connection to the mains. The wires in this mains
lead are coloured in accordance with the following code:
Blue: neutral (N)
Brown: live (L)
As the colours of the wires in the mains lead of this appliance may not correspond with
the coloured markings Identifying the terminals in your plug, proceed as follows:
The wire which is coloured blue must be connected to the terminal which Is marked with
the letter N or coloured black. The wire which is coloured brown must be connected to
the terminal which is marked with letter L or coloured red. If a 13 Amp. (BS 1363) plug is
used, a 3 Amp. fuse must be fitted, or if any other type of plug is used, a 5 Amp. fuse must
be fitted either in the plug or adaptor or at the distribution board.
Neither core is to be connected to the earth terminal of a three-pin plug.