Changing snap-on presser feet (b), (d), Changing screw-on presser feet (h), (g), J), (l) – SINGER 6217 User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
presser feet (B), (D),
Your machine comes with the General
Purpose Presser Foot (B) already attached.
You can easily change to any one of the other
presser feet which snap onto a common
shank by following the directions below.
• Raise needle to its highest position by
turning hand wheel toward you.
• Raise presser foot using presser foot lifter
at back of machine.
• Push toe of presser foot (1) up, until it snaps
off the shank (2).
• Remove foot from machine.
Place new foot under centre of shank.
Lower presser foot lifter, fitting shank over
presser foot pin (3).
Don’t turn screw. Instead, push presser
foot screw (4) down, firmly until foot snaps
presser feet (H), (G)
Some special presser feet can be purchased
at your SINGER stockist which have built-
in shanks that can be replaced as follows:
• Raise needle and presser foot.
• Loosen presser foot screw (1) and remove
presser foot with shank (2), guiding it
toward you and to the right.
• To replace presser foot with shank, hook
shank around the presser bar and tighten
presser foot screw with the use of a coin.