Curved seams, Reinforcing end of seam – SINGER 714 Graduate User Manual
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
1. Use a short stitch for elasticity and
strength. For example, if you use 12
stitches to the inch (stitches approximately
2mm long) for straight seams, select 15 to
20 per inch (stitches approximately 1.5mm
long) to stitch curved seams in the same
2. If you use the seam guide to guide stitch
ing, attach it at an angle so that the edge
that is closer to the needle acts as a guide.
REINFORCING END OF SEAM
1. Stitch to the edge of the fabric.
2. Press reverse-stitch lever all the way down
and hold in place. Backstitch approx
imately 1 /2 inch (13mm) to reinforce end of
seam. Release lever.
3. Raise needle to its highest position, raise
the presser foot, and remove the fabric by
drawing it to the back and left.
4. Cut threads on thread cutter at rear of
Ending a Seam