Setting the machine, Starting to sew, Straight stitching – SINGER 413 User Manual
Page 18: 1i 1 1 i i
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
• F/exi-Stitch Pattern Dial: O (off)
• Pattern Selector: Any setting
• Needle Position: C
• Stitch Width: O
• Stitch Length: To suit fabric
• General Purpose Throat Plate
• General Purpose Foot
Before you move the selectors to set your
sewing machine for straight stitching,
turn the hand wheel toward you until the
needle is above the throat plate.
SETTING THE MACHINE
• Turn Flexi-Stitch pattern dial to off
• Move needle position selector to
• Set stitch width selector on 0.
1 2 3 4 5
I 1 1 I I
STARTING TO SEW
• Place needle and bobbin threads under
presser foot and draw to back of
• Position the needle in the fabric where
desired for stitching start.
• Lower the presser foot and start the
To sew perfectly on a wide variety of
fabrics, adjust stitch length, pressure and
thread tension as instructed on the
For information on straight stretch stitch
ing turn to page 27.