Performance checklist, Remember to, If thread breaks, make sure – SINGER 413 User Manual
Page 59: 30 rockefeller plaza, new york, n.y. 10020
Attention! The text in this document has been recognized automatically. To view the original document, you can use the "Original mode".
• Turn on power and light switch.
• Turn hand wheel toward you to position needle and take-up lever.
• Raise needle above fabric before making adjustments to stitch width,
needle position and pattern selector.
• Use red selector settings for Flexi-Stitch pattern sewing.
• Start and finish sewing with the take-up lever in its highest position.
• Adjust stitch length, pressure, and thread tension to suit your fabric.
• Test-stitch on a fabric sample before starting a sewing job.
• Replace bent or burred needles.
• Lower presser foot before setting pressure dial.
• Tighten hand wheel knob and move bobbin winder switch to OFF after
winding a bobbin.
• Remove feed-cover throat plate after button sewing and after darning,
with an embroidery hoop.
• Sew at a moderate speed when using a Flexi-Stitch pattern.
IF THREAD BREAKS, MAKE SURE
• Machine is correctly threaded.
• Bobbin case is correctly inserted and threaded.
• Bobbin case area is free of lint and loose thread ends.
• Needle is straight and securely tightened in clamp.
• Thread is suitable for size of needle.
• Thread is free of slubs and knots.
• Needle-thread tension is light enough.
• Throat plate needle hole and presser foot are undamaged.
• Bobbin and bobbin case are undamaged.
If you have any questions, please write to:
Department of Sewing Education
The Singer Company
30 Rockefeller Plaza, New York, N.Y. 10020